Monday, September 3, 2007

Re-ally?

This past Wednesday evening (Thursday morning) Cooper (and his three o’clock feedings) gave me the ability to watch a rebroadcast of the Cubs/Brewers game – not one of the two they won, mind you, the one they lost to Sheets. So while I watched the Brewers take one to our beloved Cubbies for a second time, it got me to thinking. I understand why this is a rebroadcast, because the game was originally broadcast earlier that night.

I have scheduled appointments with clients and then for some reason or other had to reschedule them. That makes sense.

I don’t believe I have ever had the opportunity to lax, so when I’m being told to relax, how can I do something for the second time that I never did the first time? And that leads to trying to figure out why I would need to repeat a statement, comment or question when I’m pretty sure the first time I said it I wasn’t “peating”.

I know when we are all done working, we’ll probably be tired from a long career and working a lot of hours. But is it fair to say we are retiring? When we were working were we really tiring? Or were all of our vacations a preamble of tiring, getting ready for the vaunted retirement?

At the draft when I bid .16 on Ianetta, or Teddy bid .12 on De Aza (you’re never going to get away from this, Teddy) we both wanted to rescind our bids. When did we ever initially scind them?

When I leave in the morning, I will tell my girls (not Cooper yet because he doesn’t understand much) to mind their mom. But when I have to remind them to mind it gets very confusing.

And later this year when our kids are running around the neighborhood saying “Trick or Treat”, going back to the same house would seem to imply a retreat. What Lee did against Grant, really wasn’t a retreat as much as it was a “Get your ass back home and look for a different job.”

Hopefully the Cubs will retaliate against the Cardinals this year for the way that the Cards taliated against us last year.

No comments: